Scan listener monitoring

  • From: Stalin Subbiah <stalinsk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 15:29:21 -0700

We had an interesting problem few days ago in our production environment where
one of the scan listener wasn't showing all the instances/services registered
to it. Other 2 scans were fine. We did have scan listener fail-over to other
active nodes when node reboots were performed.

Apparently, we had hit "Bug 12659561  after scan listener failover, database
instance might not register to the scan listener".

I was wondering how to monitor scan listener fail-over / relocate to another
active nodes, whenever that event happens. I looked up FAN user callouts which
we use to monitor services up/down events but don't see anything for scan vip
nor listener.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Stalin