Scan Listener

  • From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 18:58:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hi
I want to check that if any RAC environment has used one DNS based Scan
listener(DBA not provided correct requirement to the network and they assigned
only one IP) and so RAC install has only configured one SCAN listener. Now if
this is 4 Node RAC, and if the node containing SCAN listener goes down or
crashed, it will take time to bring this scan listener on other surviving node.
So want to check if during this time any app trying to connect using SCAN
listener, then isn't this cause outage until SCAN listener is not up on second
node. Also how long it will take to bring SCAN listener on surviving node. I
know we can add more scan listener now but want to check the concept in the
above scenario.

TIA
Sanjay