Re: STATSPACK in 10g

  • From: Kellyn Pedersen <kjped1313@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jsidba@xxxxxxxxx, surachart@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 10:07:11 -0800 (PST)

"You have to use AWR and disable STATSPACK. "

Why do you have to disable statspack if you are licensed for AWR?  I had both
running at a previous company.  I preferred the AWR reports, being the new DBA
and the other DBA was into his statspack reports, (I work with him again here
at I-behavior, so he's since converted to AWR... :))  The snapshot ID's are
completely different for each, use different views and I never had them
interfere with each other in anyway in regards to reporting purposes...

Please elaborate, I'm curious... Thanks!

Kellyn Pedersen
Multi-Platform DBA
I-Behavior Inc.
http://www.linkedin.com/in/kellynpedersen
www.dbakevlar.blogspot.com

"Go away before I replace you with a very small and efficient shell script..."

Date: Monday, February 8, 2010, 8:59 PM

>If licensed for Diagnostics Pack, does it make sense to run both AWR &
>STATSPACK?
You have to use AWR and disable STATSPACK.

and AWR have more feature than STATSPACK.

Surachart Opun
http://surachartopun.com

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 2:45 AM, Jonathan Intner <jsidba@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi All:

Not meaning to "hijack" this thread, but I have a question/comment that I think
is related. The question is:

If licensed for Diagnostics Pack, does it make sense to run both AWR &
STATSPACK? I would actually argue that if AWR is available STATPACK is
redundant. I'd love to hear what other folks think. If I get a number of
private replies, I'll summarize the results for the list.

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 11:25 AM, Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Statspack works great in 10g – I’ve used it extensively.