Re: SPOOL Problem

  • From: "Yongping Yao" <yaoyongping@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 18:34:29 +0800

Well, I've solved the problem without SQL*Plus. There is a very useful post
on ASKTom:
[url]http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:459020243348[/url]
There's the source code for a Pro*C solution. You can compile it yourself.
But I add a new line to include <SQLCA.H>. I don't know if the code is not
complete for Oracle 9i. It works. And I complete unloading an 8GB text file
in less than an hour. ^_^

On 6/7/06, Yongping Yao <yaoyongping@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks a lot. I will try UTL_FILE. I "unload" data to feed a linux-based program. That program uses text files as input and I cannot modify it :( . I'm now reading http://asktom.oracle.com/~tkyte/flat/index.html<http://asktom.oracle.com/%7Etkyte/flat/index.html>. It seems a useful solution.

BTW, I tried to search on Metalink. There's no hits.

--
Yao Yongping
Learning Oracle, UNIX/Linux...