Re: SOS- Datafile Recovery.

  • From: "David Sharples" <davidsharples@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prabhu_adam@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 22:47:39 +0100

why did you take the datafile offline

the procedure is to take the tablespace offline, move and rename then online
the tablespace

have you just tried onlinig it?

On 30/07/06, Prabhu, Krishnaswamy <prabhu_adam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi List,

We are running 3 node RAC system v9207 on AIX5L. Its a 25 TB,  DWH
production DB. Since one of our filesystem has reached 100 % usage, we
have
moved some of the big datafiles away from the filesystem after putting it
on
offline. Once after completion of file transmission, we renamed the
datafile
and tried to recover the datafile.

Is there any way to recover the datafile by skipping the log seq. file ?
Or
is there any way to do the media recovery for this file?