SIEBEL PERFORMANCE RBO to CBO

  • From: Paula Stankus <paulastankus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 12:40:13 -0800 (PST)

We have made a number of changes to optimizer parameters and generated
statistics in our Siebel database migrated to 10g from 8i (i.e. rule-based to
cost-based optimizer).  However, we still see significant response time
differences between the two versions.  I am thinking of using outlines to make
Siebel on 10g behave and have the same execution plans as Siebel on 8i.

  Has anyone else had experience in doing this?

  Thanks in advance,
  Paula

It's here! Your new message!