SAP plugin for Enterprise Manager

  • From: De DBA <dedba@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle Discussion List <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 14:29:56 +1000

G'day.

I'm in trying to configure an Enterprise Manager Grid Control installation to monitor SAP R/3 installations. All the signs say that this should be possible, there are even 3 standard SAP target types provided. However, some doco I found indicates that a third-party client-side plugin by the name of "NimBUS SAP R/3 Plugin for Oracle" is needed, presumably provided by Nimsoft.com?

Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to find anything more than some statements dating from 2007 to the effect that Oracle Inc. and Nimsoft.com think it a good idea to jointly develop such a plugin. Neither Oracle, nor Nimsoft seem to offer it on their respective sites, but the OEM SAP Monitoring guide 10g Release 4 (http://ocpdba.net/doc/em/10.2/install.102/e11037/toc.html) contains detailed instructions on how to install and configure it... must exist one would think...

Perhaps tellingly, this document also seems to be missing from oracle's own site.. :( Metalink does as usual not help.

Has anyone got this to work? If so, do I really need this elusive plugin? Where can it be found?

Versions: OEM GC 10.2.0.5.0/Windows 2003 32bit, target platform is Windows 2003 EE, 64bit, GC agent 10.2.0.5.0/x64.

Cheers,
Tony