Re: Result caching

  • From: "stephen van linge" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "swvanlinge@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "rajendra.pande@xxxxxxx" <rajendra.pande@xxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 07:17:12 -0800

This is a wrapper script designed to benchmark queries by looping over the
query several times in a row.  The only application we have that might actually
behave this way in production is our API which is noted in the script
instructions.  The wrapper is behaving like the query does in production with
the modifications (slow).

After tuning it's now more than 10 times faster, so the wrapper seemed to work
properly in this instance, very similarly predicting the production run time .
It's yet to be tested in the long run.

Stephen