Re: Restore Readonly Tablespace Via Partial Clone

  • From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: orcl@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 00:34:46 +0800

You need the UNDO tablespace datafile as well.

(experience with 8.1.7, when the RBS file was missing [inadvertently] and Oracle could not
complete the rollback of the instance recovery).

Check the alert.log file for messages.

Hemant
At 08:08 AM Thursday, Bob wrote:
Hi - my partial clone is to recover 1 table from a multi terabyte database when all I have is a cold backup:

<snip>
This method always works- but I need a different technique for? the readonly tablespace

But doing controlfile technique below corrupts the system and sysaux, like so....
create control file from below syntax, then

alter database open resetlogs
.... waiting
"disconnection forced, host def doesnt?t exist"

Which, from my experience is Oracles way of saying "your database is toast"
?

?STARTUP NOMOUNT CREATE CONTROLFILE SET DATABASE "newt" RESETLOGS? NOARCHIVELOG MAXLOGFILES 32 MAXLOGMEMBERS 3 MAXDATAFILES 254 MAXINSTANCES 1 MAXLOGHISTORY 909 LOGFILE ? GROUP 1 ('/sourcedb001/oradata/sourcedb/redo101.log') SIZE 100M, ? GROUP 2 ('/sourcedb001/oradata/sourcedb/redo201.log') SIZE 100M DATAFILE ? '/sourcedb001/oradata/sourcedb/system01.dbf', ? '/sourcedb001/oradata/sourcedb/sysaux01.dbf' *readonly files do not appear in this list* CHARACTER SET US7ASCII ;

Hemant K Chitale
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~hkchital

-- //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l