Resolved --> 9.2.0.5 database only tracing client session from 8i clients

  • From: "Fedock, John (KAM.RHQ)" <John.Fedock@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cary.millsap@xxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 11:24:23 -0400

 After a few more hours of testing, I have determined that it is not a 8i vs.
9i client issue.  It appears that if you are connected via a dedicated server
connection (server=dedicated in tnsnames.ora) a trace file is produced.  If the
entry is not there in the tnsnames.ora file, I assume it is a shared_connection
and a trace file is not produced.

 Cary - does this sound right?

 Thanks all.

 John Fedock

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information.  If you are not
an intended recipient, please advise by return e-mail and delete immediately
without forwarding to others.