Replication Options

  • From: Rajesh.Rao@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 12:29:38 -0500

Hello All,

We have an application that's presently on 9.2.0.5 on a Solaris 8 box. We
are  looking to have a DR / Standby site for this database at a remote
location. Logical Standby database and Advanced replication were ruled out
because of the use of LONG and LONG RAW datatypes, and the use of IOT's by
the database. So, we decided on a physical standby database.

But now, the requirements change, in that, the user wants a  ACTIVE/ACTIVE
configuration. In all sense, its a RAC database with nodes at different
physical locations.  I read, that 10g supports LONG and LONG RAW datatypes
for Logical standby.

My questions are:
1. Does Oracle support LONG datatypes with Advanced Replications in 10g?
2. What options do I have? Any third party applications? (Shareplex?)

Thanks
Raj