Re: Re-installing Oracle 9i registry entries in Windohs

  • From: Jared.Still@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 09:54:46 -0700

I've moved Oracle to another HD by copying files and hacking the registry.

Using Perl of course.  That was 8i, haven't tried it with 9i, but it
should work.

Jared

"Jesse, Rich" <Rich.Jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
06/08/2004 09:41 AM
Please respond to
oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

"ORACLE-L (E-mail)" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re-installing Oracle 9i registry entries in Windohs

Hey all,

I lost my C: drive on my desktop this weekend (right during an 8i->9i
migration!), but I installed Oracle 9.2.0.4 (server, I think) on another
HD.  Obviously, the registry entries are gone and I'm thinking Oracle's
not going to work.

Anyone fixed this before?  Is it just a matter of trying the Installer or
do I actually have to redo the whole freaking install?

TIA,
Rich

rjesse@xxxxxxxxxxxx                  Quad/Tech Inc, Sussex, WI USA