RE: RedHat Linux Install Missing Packages

  • From: "Gogala, Mladen" <Mladen.Gogala@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Paula_Stankus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <Paula_Stankus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, bdbafh@xxxxxxxxx, fuadar@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 13:31:16 -0400

Download whitebox linux from http://whiteboxlinux.org/
It's a RH 3.0 without  support. Oracle 10g installs without a
problem. The other solution is to go to the very exotic and hard
to find store called  Staples and buy RH 3.0 installation. You can
even do it online.
http://www.staples.com/Catalog/Browse/Sku.asp?PageType=1&Sku=521660
If you are asking how to get those packages, they are
on the 2nd CD. Put the CD in the unit, automounter should mount it,
if I's active, and it usually is, and then copy the desired rpm packages
to your /tmp directory and install them with rpm -ivh *.rpm

--
Mladen Gogala
A & E TV Network