RE: ((Re)): DBA interviews

  • From: "Thalis Kalfigopoulos" <t.kalfigopoulos@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 11:34:47 +0300

> The point is it is not the person who knows off the top of their head the
> range of addresses available in a class c network that interests me, it is
> the one who knows enough and has resources enough to find out that fact and
> put it to use.

Or as a university prof. of mine once put it:
"I don't have to remember anything by heart. I only need to remember where to
look it up"
He said this after teaching the course for over 10 years and he followed his
own advice. He walked
into class with a couple of the course's "bible" books and used to reference
them even when he felt
99% sure his recollection of a formula/theorem was correct. I bet he still does.

Cheers.

Thalis Kalfigopoulos
IT Department
Alumil S.A.