Re: RMAN-20036: invalid record order

  • From: Suresh P <suresh.gm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 09:28:17 -0700

Hi Robert,

Here is the scenario:

server A --> shadow copied and mounted to server B ---> RMAN--->tape

The shadow copy is done by Hitachi and the platform for all these is Solaris.

The first LO backup from server B to tape always works. Subsequent
incremental backups from server B works only at times; and prior to
this subsequent daily backup from server B there is always a daily
shadow copy from server A.

Backing up the control file on day 2 will work, but what about new ctl
file from day 3's shadow copy? There is a disconnect  between raman
catlog and the new control files from server A.

Here is the crux of the problem; the second day/third day's control
file from server A when it is copied to Server B after a shadow copy
does not contain info that it an earlier LO backup has taken place
from server B to tape; is there anyway RMAN catalog can pusth that
info into the new control file from day 2.

Hope I could convey the issue clearly.

Thanks a lot.
-Suresh