Re: RMAN backup slows database performance to a crawl

  • From: "Dba DBA" <oracledbaquestions@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: finn.oracledba@xxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 09:50:36 -0400

are you writing your RMAN backups to the same set of disks that you are
reading from ? make sure your backups are on different sets of disks. if
your on a SAN, ask your administrator to map you out a mount point that maps
through the same to a different raid group preferably on a different HBA.
alot of SAN guys don't want to put in the effort. Its really just a GUI and
will not take alot of time.