Re: RMAN backup Basic question

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: deryaoktay@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 12:20:36 -0700

If you are referring to the DUPLICATE command, yes it may
duplicate a database to another platform.

From the fine user manual, under the DUPLICATE command
in the RMAN reference manual:

"If you can make an operating system copy of a database file on one platform
and then restore it to another platform, then it is also possible to
duplicate a
database from one platform to another. Otherwise, duplication is not
possible."

On 4/17/07, Derya Oktay <deryaoktay@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

I heard about the TARGET parameter given in RMAN which enables to
transport backups from one platform to another, which has the same ENDian.
Is not that correct?

Regards,
Derya.

--