RMAN Training

  • From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l-freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 17:33:20 -0300

Listers,

  I am building a team dedicated to deployment and management of an
integrated solution of Grid Control and RMAN. Training people in Grid
Control troubleshooting and RMAN troubleshooting is part of my mission, so I
want to develop a set of virtual machines with different issues and give
them to the trainee DBA to solve. My question is...what kind of scenarios
should I build?

The ones I have in mind are the following:

Complete DR (install Oracle, configure TSM,recover DB from last backup,
assming there is a good backup).
Partial DB Recovery (we need only two TBS recovered to last night, the rest
of the DB should be left as is. Minimize downtime. (duplicatePITR +exp/imp)
DF/CF/RedoLogFile corrupted, minimize downtime.
RMAN Catalog down, full DB recovery in DR server (Install Oracle, configure
TSM, recover database, assuming good backup and without knowing the
contorlfile backup name (find it out), assume controlfile autobackup is
off).

I'd like to add some corruption issues in the RMAN Catalog if possible...
but can't think of any, any reference to reproducible bugs or common
problems?

Any input will be appreciated.

Cheers.
Alan.-