RE: REcover DB from data files

  • From: "Mercadante, Thomas F \(LABOR\)" <Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mark_ai@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 13:16:16 -0500

Mark,

Oradim only creates the service.  It can optionally start the database,
but does not always do so.

Look at services on the machine and make sure that the oracleserviceSID
is started.

From the dos command line:

Sqlplus /nolog

Connect / as sysdba

Startup;

What if any message did you get?  What does the alertSID.ora file in the
bdump directory say?

Tom

This transmission may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged
information which is intended solely for use by the individual or entity to
whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, dissemination, copying or distribution of this
transmission or its attachments is strictly prohibited.  In addition,
unauthorized access to this transmission may violate federal or State law,
including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1985.  If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by
return e-mail and delete the transmission and its attachments.