RE: RESOURCE INTENSIVE QUERIES

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracledbam@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 16:58:49 -0400

My favorite tool is SQL*Plus.  V$SQL has buffer_gets, executions, =
disk_reads, parse_calls, all of which may be significant in evaluating =
resource intensive queries.

However, as has been stated here many times before, a much more =
effective process is to look at a particular application or business =
process that's performing poorly.  Trace it, look at where the time is =
being spent.  Resource intensive queries, along with any other problems =
that process encounters, will come out in the analysis.

Hope that helps,

-Mark