Re: RE: cheapest way to access every 15th row in table ordered by timestamp column

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Stephens, Chris" <Chris.Stephens@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 18:31:46 +0000

For large datasets I'd probably store every 15th value in a second table.
For small enough ones Excel could filter. Yikes, heresy, kill me now, etc

On 19 Jan 2011 18:18, "Stephens, Chris" <Chris.Stephens@xxxxxxx> wrote:

 That’s a good question that I brought up with the users when this request
showed up.  Apparently they need the 2 second granularity for other
functions but wanted a way to reduce the size of the sample set for whatever
they are doing with this particular excel sheet.