Re: RE: OSE1

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle.tutorials@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 17:43:01 +0100

Why would an *application* care if It's SE or SE1? There's no functionality
difference that I'm aware of, and even if there were then wouldn't an
application test for the function not the version?

On 29 Jul 2010 17:35, "DBA Deepak" <oracle.tutorials@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks all for the response.

-- I need to check for Oracle Standard Edition ONE (OSE1) not Standard
Edition.
-- Actually my application needs to show if the underlying DB is OSE1
and SE. Hence any command/query to get this information would be
useful.
-- Is there anyway that I can write some file with the Oracle Edition
during installation so that my application can make use of that?

Appreciate all your help !!!

--
Regards,

Deepak