RAC & limited SSD available on each node

  • From: "Pradeep Chetal" <Pradeep.Chetal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 20:08:54 -0400

Hi,

We have a scenario where we will have a 3-node RAC with limited SSD
availability on each node.

I have seen SSD advantage either when it is single node (SSD for
selected indexes/logs) and RAC (the whole DB on RAM-SAN). However, I
have not seen any scenarios where there is limited (let's say 32 GB of
SSD on each node in a 3-node RAC).

How can we use the limited SSD that is available on each node? Has
anyone used it this way?

Thanks,

-- Pradeep

Pradeep Chetal
Sr. Director - Infrastructure Architecture

Mformation Technologies Inc.
Switchboard: +1 732 692 6200

Visit WWW.MFORMATION.COM and see how the MFORMATION SERVICE MANAGER can help
you to transform your business

image/com