RAC Standby

  • From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 20:08:58 -0800 (PST)

Hi

I am converting a single Instance to RAC with least downtime on solaris. I had
successfull created a Standby RAC environment using Metalink Doc and it is now
syncing successfully with single instance Database. The problem is that if I
stop and restart the  Node 1 of the Cluster using crsctl command, I can get
everything back on first Node which was used earlier to create Standby DB and
then converted to 2-Node RAC.

Both Node are fine and standby Database is mounted on both Node and recovery is
started. When I did the crsctl stop and start crs command on Second Node, I can
get the Cluster and ASm back but db Instance is not started. If I use Srvctl
start instance, it is back. I used the three srvctl command to add second node
to standby RAC like srvctl add database, srvctl add instance 1 to node 1 and
srvctl add instance 2 to node2. Can somebody give an idea as what are other
dependency that is giving issue or has to be checked.

TIA
Sanjay

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.