RAC One Node and Policy Managed Database in EMGC11.1

  • From: "Martin Bach" <development@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 16:17:22 +0100 (CET)

Hello list,

first my apologies-I don't know EMGC11.1 too well so maybe I missed an
essential step somewhere along the line.

So here's the problem: I have a RAC One node database which I'd like to
monitor in EMGC 11.1. That works ok for as long as the database doesn't
relocate to another node.

It seems to me as if EM GC 11.1 still ties a RAC database instance to a
cluster node. The point of policy managed databases and RAC One Node
however is that there is no such static relation. Instances can float
around in the server pool, and INST_1 may run on node 2 for example.

Did anyone here succesfully connect a RAC One Node/policy managed database
 with EMGC 11.1?

Thanks for any pointers!

Martin

PS: oh yes, and I entered a custom connection string referencing the SCAN
however it seems to be ignored...And then there is the problem that after
a relocation the active instances is _2 instead of _1 and the listener
obviously doesn't know about _1 any more (as it's down).