RAC DBConsole

  • From: mek s <sidi.bouzid.meknessy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 00:29:33 +0200

Hi experts,

We are using 11GR2 RAC with 5 nodes on Redhat Linux;

We have configured the DB coonsole (Not grid control) to run in Node 1 as
repository active node and the agents to run in node 2, node 3, node 4 and
node 5.

We have used this command to configure that;

emca -config dbcontrol db -repos create -cluster -EM_NODE db01 -EM_NODE_LIST
db02,db03,db04,db05

Now, in order to be prepared in the case of failure of our node 1, I have to
prepare the procedure in order to maybe move the repository (the same node 1
repository) to run in node 2 actively and the agents to run in node 3, node
4 and node 5.

I would like to keep the node 1 repository but moving it to node 2, and run
node 2 as the active node, in case of failure just to guarantee the HA.

Please let me know if it's possible. I wonder if you could give a help and
help guide me in order to have the procedure prepared,

Best Regards