Re: RAC 19c on OLVM

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2020 19:23:56 -0500

OLVM is the replacement product for now defunct OVM. I am not sure how many people have bought it since the fate of OVM doesn't really instill confidence. I used both VMWare and VirtualBox to create RAC and the only difference is in creating a shared disk. OLVM is probably another KVM based virtualization product and can create a shared disk. If it can not,  and I very much doubt that, you can create 3 machines and use one as a NFSv4 server. You can also use Illumos, the artist formerly known as OpenSolaris,  as a NFSv4 server. Illumos has an excellent implementation of zfs and you can add drives to an existing file system or extend devices in a very easy way. You can learn about Illumos here: https://illumos.org

You can setup Illumos in VirtualBox to use it as a NFS server. Oracle RAC supports that NFS configuration. Of course, Oracle doesn't support Illumos.

On 12/21/20 12:06 PM, Ls Cheng wrote:

Hi

Has anyone got experience installing and configuring 19c RAC in Oracle Linux Virtualization Manager? (OLVM)

Thanks

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant