Re: R: RE: Raspberry Pi model B....

  • From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 12:55:21 -0600

Ah, one of my favorite topics:  "What, exactly, is Oracle?"

Few realize that Oracle Corp. owns several RDBMS code lines:

Oracle Server (multiple editions)
MySQL (multiple editions)
Times Ten
RDB
InnoDB
Berkeley

As far as I know, at least 2 of those will run on Raspberry PI's Raskbian.

And then there are the 'other Oracle' things...
;-)
/Hans

On 14/07/2014 12:43 PM, alever@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
I believe Oracle Server actually cannot run on Rasperry PI because it has an
ARM cpu....maybe in the future....

AFAIK, MySQL runs on Raspbian Linux which is a Debian-based distribution for
Raspberry PI

Greetings,
Alessandro