Re: Questions on ASM best practices

  • From: Jeremy Schneider <jeremy.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Amir.Hameed@xxxxxxxxx" <Amir.Hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 08:19:24 -0500

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 10:17 AM, Hameed, Amir <Amir.Hameed@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Redo log file placement - In the non-ASM world, I am used to using
> Managing multiple databases - In the non-ASM world, we allocate a

Just treat "diskgroup" as a synonym for "mountpoint" and you're off to
the races.  Many concepts are transferable and many of the same
tradeoffs exist in architectural decisions.  It a good starting point.

> ·         AU and stripe sizes - For an Oracle E-Business Suite type system,

The default AU size and stripe sizes don't need tuning for most cases.
Remember that ASM will automatically use the smaller stripe size for
redo logs; you don't have to configure that.  (It uses different
stripe sizes for various file types on the same diskgroup.)

--
http://about.me/jeremy_schneider