RE: Question re applying archive logs

  • From: "Vishal Gupta" <vishal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wjwagman@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 21:25:30 -0000

Bill,

What you can do is

- Restore from backup
- Mount DB
- Recover until 6am.
- Enable flashback. (Make sure you have enough room in flashback area)
- Create an guaranteed named restore point.
- Open resetlogs
- let users do their changes

To revert back and rollforward
- startup force mount
- flashback to named restore point created above.
- Drop restore point (Guaranteed restored points needs to be dropped
manually other it keeps using space in flashback area
- Recover until next day 6am (rollforward)
- Create an guaranteed named restore point.
- Open resetlogs
- let users do their changes

Cheers,
Vishal