Re: Question on LUN Sizes for storage migration

  • From: Kenny Payton <k3nnyp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ksmadduri@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 15:46:47 -0400

The size of the lun is not as important as the IO characteristics of it.
The performance difference of the two luns could be identical or
drastically different, it really depends on a lot of variables.

My recommendation is to attempt to build the best relationship you can with
your Storage Team and understand the configurations to the best of your
ability.  While doing this also share the database workloads and behaviors
with them.  Together you have the best chance of creating a sustainable and
performant environment not to mention a relationship that will pay you back
10x over time.