Re: Question of degrees in Oracle DB recovery

  • From: Daniel Fink <Daniel.Fink@xxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 10:37:31 -0600

I don't recall if this is an exact quote from Tim Gorman or Gary Dodge, but the
essence is

"The job of the dba is not to backup the database, but recover the database."

If you use this approach, you will be focusing on the right issues and
performing the right tasks (like performing test recoveries).

Regards,
Daniel Fink