RE: Question - any parameter or hint to FORCE Physical Read (bypass buffer cache)

  • From: <Christopher.Taylor2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <afatkulin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 16:10:37 -0500

Alex - thanks for all the input.
+1 for the keep pool idea.

For my test, I'm doing a simple select count(last_column_name) from tableA - it
has a FTS and then a SORT AGGREGATE.  I would assume the SORT wouldn't cause
the reads to come from cache but perhaps I'm wrong.

The Parallel Hint does do sequential reads on subsequent executions but I
wonder if I'll get comparable results from node to node as that will use
additional cpu cycles - but won't hurt to try.

Chris