Re: Query execution question

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kerry.osborne@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 09:24:59 -0700

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 12:02 PM, Kerry Osborne
<kerry.osborne@xxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> ... I know it's a "hidden" parameter, so please don't slam me too hard, but
> as I said, after a couple of months, I'm starting to think it's not such a
> bad idea. Certainly if I was the vendor of an app such as SAP I would prefer
> this approach. Feel free to flame away.

Just a quick comment on hidden parameters and SAP:

SAP recommends the setting of quite a few underscore parameters,
dependent of course on Oracle and SAP version.

The SAP systems I am familiar with (ours only) run quite well at
the database level.

There are SAP notes (lots of them) that will give some insight into
the recommendations they make, usually they are bug avoidance.

I believe SAP Note 830576 is a good place to start for anyone interested:
http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/830576

Jared Still
Home Page: http://jaredstill.com