RE: [Q] does ORACLE Standard Edition support Standby database fun ction???

  • From: Tim Onions <tim.onions@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'mccdba1@xxxxxxxxx'" <mccdba1@xxxxxxxxx>, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 09:30:29 +0100

We ran 8.1.7.4 SE with standby database on Win2k for many months before
finally upgrading to EE. ARC redo logs were manually shipped via custom
scripts and applied every hour via a scheduled task. AFAIK both servers must
run the same edition and be at the same patch level (least we made sure they
were so as not to fall into any traps with support).

HTH

Tim