Re: Q: can I find from standby db which db is the primary

  • From: "Finn Jorgensen" <finn.oracledba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ballester.david@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 13:28:35 -0500

I'm trying to think the maintenance of a standby database through and I
think it's pretty much a one-way street except for the FAL process that
David is pointing out. All communication goes from the primary to the
standby. The standby doesn't really care where the data comes from as long
as it's a continous stream of valid data. I.e. if you have a 3 db setup with
one primary and 2 standby's you could do a switchover to one of the 2
standby's and when you come up, the 3rd standby will receive data from the
new primary with no new configuration necessary.

Finn