RE: [Q] How RMAN restore control file from tape?

  • From: "Ruth Gramolini" <rgramolini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mccdba1@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 15:21:33 -0400

Are you also backing up the controlfile specifically? What is the script
used to create the backup? How does the backup get to tape, I only see
device type disk?   And even more salient, why don't you use a recovery
catalog?  What Oracle support told me; the recovery catalog will be going
away.  It isn't gone yet so it only makes sense to use one unless you enjou
being on the bleeding edge.  See Dennis' reply and I suggest you have
another look at the Backup and Recovery Manual.

Good luck,
Ruth