Problems Migrating Oracle RDB to Oracle 8/8i/9i/10g Database?

  • From: "Borrill, Christopher" <chris.borrill@xxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 12:31:58 +1200

Hi,

I am looking for information on specific issues or problems that may be
encountered when migrating Oracle RDB to Oracle 8/8i/9i/10g and how they
can be dealt with.  Of particular interest are issues encountered with
the gradual approach, where tables are moved on an application by
application basis.  I have read the Oracle Metalink note below, but this
only talks about the high level strategies that can be employed.

http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_d
atabase_id=NOT&p_id=135929.1

Thankyou,
Chris Borrill