Problem installing CRS using raw devise... 10.2 + sun solaris

  • From: "Pankaj Jain" <pjain@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebadi01@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 16:33:03 -0400

I want to bring to your notice one think which is unique in our case
since the two servers that I are configuring for CRS/ASM/RAC using raw
devices are DIFFERENT models, having same OS and because of that our
interface name is different. both public and private. For your reference
I am furnishing the output of uname -a from both servers and private and
public interface names.

racasm1>uname -a
SunOS csgbur01 5.10 Generic_137137-09 sun4v sparc SUNW,Netra-T5220
racasm1>

racasm2>uname -a
SunOS dbmbur01 5.10 Generic_137137-09 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-480R
racasm2>

Interface names - Public
===================
csgbur01-   e1000g0
dbmbur01-  ce0

Interface names - Private
===================
csgbur01-  e1000g2
dbmbur01- ce2

Since the CRS installation needs two sets of ipaddresses one set for
each server, as a workaround for this case, I have first installed CRS
only on one node - csgbur01 and after it is done I have tried to add the
node via addnode (2nd node - dbmbur01). Since I can't use vipca because
of different interface name, I am trying to configure the two nodes
using oifcfg setif as follows and getting the below mentioned error.
racasm1>sudo oifcfg setif -node csgbur01
e1000g2/10.10.100.0:cluster_interconnect
racasm1>sudo oifcfg setif -node dbmbur01
ce2/10.10.100.0:cluster_interconnect
racasm1>sudo oifcfg setif -node csgbur01 e1000g0/216.168.188.0:public
racasm1>sudo oifcfg setif -node dbmbur01 ce0/216.168.188.0:public
PROC-4: The cluster registry key to be operated on does not exist.
PRIF-11: cluster registry error

On discussing this issue with our Unix admin, following was his
response.

In looking at the csgbur01/dbmbur01 oracle asm cluster, the shared
storage looks fine from dbmbur01, but it largely invisible from
csgbur01. I therefore suspect that clusterware on dbmbur01 has ejected
csgbur01 from accessing the shared san storage. I googled a bit, but I
don't know how to use oracle commands to query whether this is indeed
the case. Let me know if you think this makes any sense, since I see no
evidence of a san/storage issue.

FYI.. We have successfully setup our RAC environment using VERITAS
cluster on the same two servers (csgbur01 and dbmbur01). In the light of
above facts please advice at your earliest convenience any solution if
anybody might have.

Thanks & regards,

Pankaj Jain

10 Second Avenue, Burlington, MA 01803

Work (781) 505-7925 Cell (978) 987-0004 Fax (781) 505-7382,

Email: pjain@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:pjain@xxxxxxxxxx>  ;
9789870004@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:9789870004@xxxxxxxxx>

Confidentiality Statement : This e-mail contains proprietary information
of iBasis. It is exclusively intended for the recipient of this e-mail.
The information should not be copied or distributed to third parties.