Privileges on Triggers

  • From: "William Wagman" <wjwagman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 13:12:53 -0700

Greetings,

I have been playing around trying to grant execute on a trigger to a
particular user. After playing with this for a while and reading docs I
have come to the conclusion that execute on a trigger is not an allowed
grant. Instead the access is given via a public synonym. For example,
give the particular trigger, usera.trigger. If usera wants to allow
userb to use the trigger it is sufficient merely to create a public
synonym, create public synonym trigger on usera.trigger and user b will
then be able to use the trigger. Seems to simplistic for me, is that
correct or am I missing something?

Thanks.

Bill Wagman
Univ. of California at Davis