Re: Privileges granted by roles

  • From: MARK BRINSMEAD <mark.brinsmead@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jeremy Schneider <jeremy.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 12:33:42 -0400

Agreed. I'm sure I have used it too on more more than one occasion. It
saves a lot of work, and avoids the possibility of a careless mistake.

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 10:23 AM, Jeremy Schneider <
jeremy.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 3:32 PM, MARK BRINSMEAD
<mark.brinsmead@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Note, by the way, that these roles can also be granted OTHER roles, so
you
need to unwind the grants recursively (that is, with a CONNECT BY query)
to guarantee a full list of all privileges gained through these roles.

And I second Tim's recommendation of Pete Finnigan's script
"find_all_privs.sql" - I've used it (and others from Pete) quite a bit
in the past and I find them to be well-written.

--
http://about.me/jeremy_schneider