RE: Printing extended ascii

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dedba@xxxxxxxxxx" <dedba@xxxxxxxxxx>, "gabriel.aragon@xxxxxx" <gabriel.aragon@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 21:06:44 -0400

Works for me in SQL*Plus, but you need to consider the database character set
and the value of NLS_LANG, as well as the capability of your terminal.

If I don't have NLS_LANG set, I get the upside down question mark.  If I set
NLS_LANG to the database character set, then SQL*Plus doesn't attempt to do any
kind of translation, and I get the plus/minus sign, "±".  Assuming your
terminal program is actually capable of displaying it, you should be able to do
the same.

-Mark