RE: Poor performance with Histogram

  • From: "Mladen Gogala" <mgogala@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <shivaswamykr@xxxxxxxxx>, "'ORACLE-L'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 12:25:23 -0500

Maybe setting the event 10053, level 1 cout tell you
something about the optimizer decisions and the reasons for
them?

There is a document, available from Hotsos library, called
"A look under the hood of CBO", by Wolfgang Breitling and

there is a Metalink article named "Case Study: Analyzing
10053 Trace Files" which explain how to use this trace.

Jonathan's book also explains in detail how to abuse the
10053 trace.

  _____