RE: Performance with SCAN listener in 11g RAC

  • From: "TJ Kiernan" <tkiernan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lu.jiang69@xxxxxxxxx>, "list" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 09:21:28 -0500

Does the timing of your test include establishing the connection, or are your
connections already established?

If establishing a connection through SCAN takes any significant amount of time
more than a direct connection to the instance, then I'd take a hard look at CPU
utilization first.

If your connections are already established and running your query varies from
one run to the next, I'd set autotrace on and look at physical vs logical IO
between the 2 sessions.

Thanks,
T. J.