Password file timestamp

  • From: Ram Raman <veeeraman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 18:47:26 -0500

Listers,

We have auditing enabled via a third party software and one of the things
they are auditing is $OH/dbs/passwordfiles. The password files seem to get
updated and it shows up in the audit reports.

I am trying to research on what is causing it, but have been unsuccessful. I
came across this one, which does not seem to answer the question:
http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/asktom/f/f?p=100:11:0::::P11_QUESTION_ID:2318668671089
.
I tried creating a test user and locking and unlocking that user, but the
password file timestamp did not change in the test case. I tried a user with
DBA privs, that did not change it either.

Anyone knows what causes the update of the password files when we dont
change the passwords.

Version is 10.2.

Ram.