Partitioning

  • From: Zabair Ahmed <roon987@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 10:23:55 +0000 (GMT)

Hello
Oracle 11.2.0.3 on Linux

I have an existing table which is already list partitioned on partitioning key
dataset-id. This is a large table with 14TB of rows and has already 44000
partitions.  The table is using 1.5TB of storage.

I now want to change this table into a composite list-list partitioned on
partitioning keys dataset-id and status-name.

The question is how do I go about doing this with minimal downtime. Also I
cannot hold 2 copies of the table due to size and space constraints.

What is the best approach. Any ideas welcomed. I am fairly new to partitioning.

Thanks

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android