Partition exchange

  • From: "Ranko Mosic" <ranko.mosic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: _oracle_L_list <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 16:14:31 -0400

Hi List,
I have 2 step exchange partition process (
step 1 ) from source  partitioned table to non-partitioned temp;
step 2) from temp to target partitioned table ).
I am trying to find a way to revert changes to initial state if proces fails
in step 2.
I know I can reexecute exchange partition from step 1 but that would imply
rebuilding indexes first.
Creating dummy partition is also not an option for the same reason ( there
is max partition in this table; which implies partition splitting, which
will
again make indexes unusable ).
I could create dummy table as exact copy of the source table on the fly, and
dry run with it. This looks too much trouble though.

Any ideas ?

--
Regards,
Ranko Mosic