RE: Partition by three column values

  • From: "Jim Silverman" <jsilverman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dubey.sandeep@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 17:25:27 -0500

Actually, Sandeep, you can create the partitions as you described.  You
would issue the command

alter table split partition <part_name> ...

where <part_name> is the name of the partition whose key will be
immediately "greater" than those of the new partition you are trying to
insert.  (You'd have to check the syntax for the ALTER TABLE
statement...)
Jim Silverman
Senior Systems Database Administrator
Solucient, LLC