Package with utl_file write is still running after it has been Killed

  • From: Jae Markham <jdpeppers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 14:25:21 -0800

Oracle 12.1
RHEL 6

I have a package that was run that has a utl_file write as part of the package. The server where the file is written to crashed this morning, there for the file cannot be written to that server. The parts for the server will not arrive until later today.

I have killed the oracle process, but it is still running. I tried to kill the OS process, but it will not allow it.

Is my only solution to bounce the server? Even then, will the process try and continue once the server restarts?

Thanks,
JD Markham
Database Administrator