PX Deq wait

  • From: "David Sharples" <dsharples@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 13:46:12 +0100

Hi, had a little problem today.

Had a process which had been running for over 24 hours (should take
about 15 secs) it was waiting on PX Deq Credit: send blkd.

It was a job which did some inserts, statspack was telling me no i/o was
being done on the objects at all.  Is it possible that the parallel
slaves had died so my process never knew it had finished, no trace files
were generated and nothing in the alert log, killing the process and
restarting it fixed it

Is there somewhere else I can look next time to see what has really
happened?

Thanks